Lifestream Home Lifestream Blog The God Journey (podcast) Finding Church Contact Wayne's Books

Chapter 14: Favorite Quotes

What in this chapter really resonated with your journey and why?

"If meetings could usher in the kingdom of God we would have done it by now.”

I really like that…

If the meeting was going to produce something that great, it should be obvious for anyone to see, but it isn’t obvious, so the deception is revealed.

After further prayer, they concluded God was asking them to lay down their weekly
meeting and their appointed leadership. In the future, they would only meet together
whenever he gave them a specific purpose to do so. Other than that, they encouraged
everyone to listen to the Lord as to how they would continue to be together. For the next
thirty years, they lived as a community in and out of one another’s homes, praying and
listening to God together, helping each other as any had need. They grew in Christ,
vacationed together, presented a musical for their community, learned about God, and
shared their relationships with any who came along. They found themselves connected
to people in distant countries, and they often traveled to share in those relationships, as
well as hosted when others visited.

This one also showed what can happen… And it seemed like the picture of a finished puzzle where you can see the full picture that you were meant to see.

Talk about opening with a bang! I too loved this.

"If meetings could usher in the kingdom of God we would have done it by now

This is so true and is the same wherever God’s people gather.

He said real fellowship always ends when meetings begin and returns when they end…

The new creation thrives in relationships not in meetings.

I must add that I loved the whole warming story of those Irish group of believers that live south of Dublin and their unfolding journey over time into being a community living in and out of each other’s homes, praying and listening to God together, helping each other as any had need.
That is a musical in itself it’s exactly as I would see the Church Jesus is building.